Step-by-step Guide – #6
6. Buying USDC crypto-currency
To buy our NFTs, you are going to use the stable crypto USDC. We will purchase the crypto-currency via credit card using MoonPay, a service available on OpenSea.
- Click on the button
as shown in fig. 6.1
- Click on
[Buy ETH with card]
as indicated by the orange arrow in fig. 6.2
- First of all, click on
as indicated by the orange arrow in fig. 6.3
- Scroll down the list and click on
[USDC – USD Coin (Polygon)]
as indicated by the orange arrow in fig. 6.4.
- Pay close attention not to select “USDC – USD Coin (ERC-20)” version
- Now insert the amount you want to convert (orange arrow 1)
- Click where indicated by orange arrow 2, a menu will appear: choose EUR to use euros to pay with the card.
- Verify that the amount in USDC is enough to pay the NFTs you want to buy and click on [Continue]
- In the next window, click on [Next]
- In the second window, click on [Connect]
- In the third window, click on [Continue]
- Enter your email address and click on [Continue]
- Sign in to your email, you’ll find an email with this subject:
MetaMask Web via MoonPay
- Copy the code you see in the email
- Past it in the window shown in fig. 6.10, where indicated by orange arrow number 1.
- Click on [Continue]
- Wait a few seconds until the message “Verification complete!” appears, as in fig. 6.11
- Click on [Credit/Debit card]
- Fill in the form with your data and click on [Continue]
- Fill in the form with your credit/debit card details and click on [Continue]
- Wait until the transaction is concluded.
- Clicking on the wallet icon, as shown in fig. 6.17, you can see the USDC you just bought. With them, you can now buy the NFTs you want